Main Content

Home » Eastville, Virginia

Eastville, Virginia

Eastville now home of the County seat, was once called Peachburg until around 1800. The courthouse was established around 1715 and was the only industry in town until approximately 1773 when John Tazewell one of the local landowners divided the land into building lots and started to sell them to invite other trades to the town.


Eastville is located 15 miles north of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. In 1884 the railroad used to have the Eastville Station about 1 mile to the east of the courthouse on its way to Cape Charles.


*information and works cited gathered from “off 13 The Eastern Shore of Virginia Guidebook.”

No Matches Found

Skip to content